I spent the day today as Miss R, the sport teacher. My motto for the day
My day was eye-opening, fun, exhausting and full of on-going activity. One thing I learned – that circuit training is the bomb! It involves setting up different stations, each with a different activity which works on a specific skill, muscle group or aerobic activity.
Why I ❤ Circuit Training
1) Circuit training is great at any age and for any fitness level.
2) It can help increase strength and aerobic fitness; improve and extend skills in different areas.
2) Perfect for those with a short attention span.. Every few minutes you are doing something new, working a different part of your body and setting yourself a new challenge.
3) Easy to adapt to individual fitness and skills levels.
4) Can be executed with little or no equipment at all. Think pushups, planks, star jumps, burpees… the list goes on.
The most refreshing part of my day today was seeing the students
🙂 Willingly participate
🙂 Challenge themselves and
🙂 LOVE every minute of being outdoors and being active
So my question to you is when does it all change?
When and WHY does exercise become a burden for so many of us?
So I conclude by saying circuits are good, but if it’s not for you then try spin 🙂
*Please not: I am a teacher – not a personal trainer, these are my thoughts based on my own personal experiences as a sport-teacher-for-a-day and as a fitness enthusiast 🙂 Feel free to leave me a comment with any of your added thoughts!