After school today, I stepped out for a run. The knee felt a bit tingly so I resorted to walk most the way. But, anywho I still got to enjoy the crispness of the beautiful Autumn afternoon it was.
I thought maybe I should give running on grass a go- it did feel a lot easier on my knee, so I did a few laps around the oval.
Tonight I am meeting my sister for dinner at our favourite Sushi place, Tenka.
It is a small, unassuming restaurant with by far the best sushi in town 🙂
Before hit the shower, I will leave you with some Wednesday motivation which was shared by none other than the
runner woman herself- Oprah.
“Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.”
Isn’t it just so true? I find the harder I train, the more work I put in, the more satisfying the process it.
Hope that motivates you to get outdoors – if not for the running than for the scenery 🙂
Ciao for now
People are often intrigued by the fact that I actually, for the most part, enjoy running.
Here are some of the reasons I love it so much
1) ‘Running is cheaper than therapy’ – running gives you the opportunity to unwind, relax and think things through in your head.
2) It gets the blood circulating and the heart racing – it is an instant mood enhancer!
3) It gets me outdoors. I love nature, and I love being out in the fresh air. Whether I run around my local neighbourhood or along the coastline @ any of the beautiful Sydney beaches – I am always inspired by my surroundings.
4) Music. Ballads. Feel good songs. Singing like noone is listening (except the awkward encounter with the walker who doesn’t have earplugs in).
5) It keeps me feeling fit and healthy. And don’t we all like to feel that way?
What do you do that makes you feel good?