This week Josh and I made Mexican for dinner! Definitely the best meal I had all week…
Chilli Con Carne (Josh’s recipe, thanks 🙂 )
-Kidney Beans (tin)
-Diced tomatoes (tin)
-Sachet of Chilli spice mix (In Mexican area of supermarket)
-Dash of salt and sugar (To balance out the tomatoes, so I am told)
Burritos and filling (My department)
-Lettuce (nice long leaves, which can later be used to scoop the chili con carne!)
-Multigrain Tortillas (Check my post on Low GI carbohydrates, for some health info)
Chilli Con Carne
1. In a large saucepan brown the onion and mince in oil
2. Add tomatoes, chilli spice mix (mixed with a bit of hot water to dissolve), beans, sugar and salt.
3. Stir, cover and allow to simmer and reduce for about half an hour (we got impatient, but the longer the better)
4. Stir frequently and when you are happy with it take it off the heat!
Hands-on burrito making
1. Warm tortillas in the microwave according to pack instructions
2. Fill the the tortillas with plenty of the good stuff and ENJOY!
How are you working towards achieving them?