Food is a big part of my life. It is a big part of my culture and a massive part of my social life. I like to eat and feel satisfied 🙂 I love to share good food with the people I love.
Some tips for eating well and feeling satisfied:
- Never deprive yourself of anything. If you want something, have it and enjoy it a small portion of it.
- Fill your fridge with lots of fresh, colourful produce. How can you possibly turn down a good salad or a juicy piece of fruit when it is staring right at you?
- Embrace the grains! Carbs can be your friend if you choose the good quality, wholesome wholegrains. Complex cabrs including oats, wholegrain bread and brown rice help to keep you hunger at bay and provide you with energy to fuel your exercise.
- Try to include a protein in all your meals. Protein, found in foods such as eggs, chicken, meat, nuts and fish is vital for the growth and repair of cells. Protein also helps with satiety, as it digests slowly and does not cause massive spikes in your blood-sugar level. For more info on this check out this article from the Livestrong website –The Advantages of a Protein Diet.
- Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water and herbal teas.
- Finally, the very best tip I have to share is one I learned from my late Grandfather. That is, to eat slowly, savour every mouthful and share your meals with the people you love 🙂
What is your best tip for eating well and feeling satisfied?